Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just One of Those Days

Have you ever had a day where you thought... why did I even get up. Well my day was just like that! To start off I have had this HUGE canker on my lip for the past week. And even though I have been optimistic that it would eventually go away, I'm starting to think it is going to be a very ugly permanent fixture. I have never had a canker like this before. It is seriously the size of a pencil eraser. And it is in a horrible spot- right on the inside of my lip so whenever I open my mouth it pulls on it :O( Needless to say the last few nights have been uncomfortable. Then at work this morning I started to get a fever. I didn't have any flu symptoms and couldn't figure it out. So I got on webMD and looked up cankers, and yup, they can cause fevers!!! Who would have thunk it! So I battled a fever all day, and the stupid canker. But I thought since I wasn't really sick I would still go to the gym. I met Zack at the gym after work. Well I wasn't feeling great so I went to leave about 10 min before him. I got to the car and it wouldn't start. WHY!?!?!? So i just sat there waiting for him to come out. He came, we pulled the truck close to jump it and, well, when you start the truck it locks automatically- That's right we locked the keys in the truck WHILE it was running. So we thought no biggie. We'll jump the car, go back home, get the spare and unlock it. Well, the car WOULDN'T START!!!! Seriously? So we had to call a friend to go to our house, get the key and meet us at the gym. Good news, we unlocked the truck. Bad news, the car is still at the gym all broken down. And the other bad part is that we need both vehicles! So I don't really have a ride to work. Its a good thing we have great friends here in Vegas that are always willing to help us out. Its 8:13 and I'm calling it a night. If I sleep nothing else can go wrong, right?

5 comments:

Tatum said...

NOT GOOD!!! hopefully you can sleep it off! I have been without a car for 2 weeks now cause I lost my keys somewhere on my trip across the country...they could be in Chicago...or Austin...but I haven't tracked them down yet so we are chalking them up as a loss! We don't have a spare or it wouldn't be so bad but spare keys for VW cars cost $160 for the key and another $90 to have it programmed...fun huh? And we have to pay to get my car towed to the dealership so they can cut the key. UGH! Hopefully you can get your situation worked out! Love ya tons!

Tatum said...

Yeah we have AAA but they only tow for free up to like 5 miles and it is further than that...so we still pay. oh well.
Here's to better days!

Colten and Megan said...

Hey Tori I just found your blog off of Chelsea's so I thought I would drop you a line and say Hi. I had no idea you were living in Vegas. Good luck with that! :) And good luck with the car. I have a feeling my is going to bite the dust any day now.

Camille said...

That sucks. It sounds like a really bad day! Usually when I have a canker, I put Alum on it (it's something you use to cook with). It probably will sting and it tastes gross (just don't swallow), but it fixes the problem. I know what it feels like having a car break down. Luckily my brothers were in town. I ended up having to get a new car because it would have costed $5,000 to fix it. I'm happy I have the parents I do because I would have to make two car payments and I'm already working two jobs.

Anonymous said...

Dang girl! Sorry about your bad day. I hope everything is okay now. I feel bad for people with cold sores. My mom had them all the time. She found out if she didn't have lemon juice and a lot of acidic things, she didn't have too many problems. I don't know if she's had a fever from them. Take it easy. And yes fishing was cold but nothing I can't hack. My bro and dad always took me, my dad won't go with me anymore because I always out fish him! I enjoy keeping in touch with you and know what's going on in your life. You're great!

The Countdown is ON