Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas break. Zack and I sure did.
I had Christmas Eve off, and that morning I got to do a little catch up with one of my best friends, Mrs. Penny Owens! She was staying in Vegas so I met up with her and her hubby for breakfast. It was so much fun to see her. Love ya Pen!
Zack got off work at 10ish. We packed up and headed north. We made in to Salina for his families tradition of Christmas Eve dinner. It was delish!! We stayed there for a little bit, then headed to Aurora to drop off presents at my house and say hi.
Christmas morning was awesome. We had breadfast with his family and opened up presents.I got alot of socks... Zack is tired of me wearing his :o) Some workout clothes and some perfume that I have wanted since last Christmas!! His parents gave us money a little while ago for our Christmas.... we bought a deep freezer!!! It is such an awesome thing to have. Then we headed to the Hallows residence to open gifts with my fam. My parents went way overboard, like always. We got a card table( the small square ones that come with the folding chairs) And I was so thrilled. Whenever we have friends over for dinner and what not we never have enough chairs. They also gave us a picture of Jesus by Greg Olsen.... and the best part is that it is that on the back it says "To Zack and Victoria.... Greg Olsen" It was signed by him!! I was so excited. It is the most beautiful picture of Jesus, in a beautiful frame. We gots lots of other little things from my parents as well! O and I also got a SUPER CUTE purse from Landon and Sam! Thanks guys!!
Zack was super excited about his Christmas too. He got some shoes he has wanted for a while now, clothes, and other little things. He was so pumped about his shoes, he wanted to wear them all the time. He was way too cute.
The rest of the weekend we just relaxed. Until Saturday that is. Zack woke up and he had the flu!! He was so sick. We were planning on going back home to watch the UFC fight, but he was so sick. Then he got a call from a buddy and he had FREE TICKETS to the FIGHT!!! Zack mysteriously got better... a little bit. We headed to Vegas. We got about to Beaver before he had to get out. He was so dang sick! We made it to the fight just in time to see his favorite fighter get knocked out!!! We even RAN the entire way into the arena. He wanted to see the fight so bad. However he paid for it later. He had a horrible fever! But he was super happy he got to go to a fight.
Thats about it for our weekend. I will have to post pictures a little later.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas break. Zack and I sure did.
Posted by Zack and Victoria at 12:11 PM
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Zack and I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. We leave later today after Zack gets off work for good ol Utah!!! We are so excited to be able to spend the holidays with our families!We hope that you all will be safe this weekend and have a wonderfull Christmas!
Posted by Zack and Victoria at 6:18 AM
Friday, December 19, 2008
Two days ago the attorney that I work for asked me to come into his office- I was hoping it could only be good, he seems to like me :o) Well my instincts were right! He asked me if I was interested in going full time, and learning more about the work that I'm already doing. Of course I said yes! The next day the office manager asked me to come into her office. She was sitting there with the main paralegal that works for the attorney. Not only were they offering me a full time job, but a great promotion!! The next day (yesterday) I started my training as a paralegal! I was so excited/scared/nervous/grateful for this opportunity. Most of the paralegals have gone to school and have done paralegal studies, but the firm that I work for is just going to train me on the job!!
After my first two days all I can say is- INFORMATION OVERLOAD!! I work with 4 different clients, and thousands of files! It is going to be such a challenge, but I'm up for it.
Other than that things at the May residence are pretty much normal! Just enjoying this holiday season, and looking forward to spending Christmas with our families. We don't head home until Christmas Eve. However I'm sure that a lot of you will be taking off sooner than that, so we would like to wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Posted by Zack and Victoria at 5:48 PM
Thursday, December 18, 2008
It was such a wonderful day yesterday... about 1 in the afternoon it started snowing. SNOWING! At first I thought it would just flurry and then stop, but then it really started to come down. It wasn't sticking to the ground. And I figured it would soon stop. About 6 hours later and 4 inches of snow it finally started to slow down. I think I was the only one who was so excited that I couldn't stop grinning! I blasted my Christmas music and drove home (so glad that drive a 4-wheel drive truck) to a winter wonderland
Posted by Zack and Victoria at 5:52 AM
Friday, December 5, 2008
Posted by Zack and Victoria at 5:13 PM
Thursday, December 4, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for sure!! That is one thing that my mom loves, and always goes all out, and I take after her. I love to wrap presents and make them look super snazzy and cute. I love the presentation part of the presents. They look so fun and festive under the tree.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I would prefer a real, but I am allergic to them.... so fake it is :o(
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving. Putting up all the decorations around the house is so much fun!
4. When do you take the tree down? Well, I think it's usually the weekend after Christmas... I can't really remember.
5. Do you like eggnog? Eeewwww YUCK!! NO WAY!!!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? O goodness, I don't know. I loved all my dolls... I got a doll every year, and I loved them all. In fact I remember the first year I didn't get one, it was kinda shocking!! (I don't know why, I think I had graduated from high school)
7. Hardest person to buy for? Definitely my parents!! I always want it to be so good and special... they are hard to buy for.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Probably Zack, and any of my sister in laws. Girls are always pretty easy to buy for :o)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I would love to have the Willow Tree nativity. However I must say that the Nativity at my parents was ALWAYS my thing to put up. Under the Nativity was Angel Hair, and no one else wanted to touch it. So I always did, it was my "thing"
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither... we are lame
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't remember a bad gift, "Santa" always did such an amazing job!! I did have a really bad Christmas one year though. It was the year that my brother Landon left on his mission. He left right before Thanksgiving, and so Christmas was especially hard. I was the only one home, and it just wasn't right!!! In fact my parents had to come wake me up.... that never happened, I was always the very first up. Needless to say it was a very Blue Christmas for me, and my parents.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf, definitely!!!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I can, however I have been a slacker this year!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nopers
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? PULLAPARTS!!!!! MMMMmmmmm they are so dang yummy. They are our traditional Christmas breakfast. We usually don't have them any other time of the year, so it is a very special occasion. They are the yummiest gooiest things EVER! For those of you who have had them before you know what I mean!!
16. Lights on the tree? Of course... and usually clear. All growing up we had a flocked tree with really pretty colored lights, but now its just clear for us!
17. Favorite Christmas song? ALL OF THEM!!!! I don't think there is one that I dislike. In fact from the day after Thanksgiving it's all I have listened to :O)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We travel, but I'm sure there will come a day when we will stay, but until that day its home sweet home in Utah for me!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen & Rudolph of course!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither this year- We have some really cute bead/garland that I bunched up and stuck on top... it sounds weird I know but it actually looks really cute!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Usually one on Christmas Eve (PJs) and the rest bright and early on Christmas morning.... I love that feeling of waking up having fun surprises. And I love the surprise part of it!! I hate knowing ANYTHING I am going to get.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the people, they seem to forget that we are celebrating our Savior's birth... Most people seem to be in such a rush, and so RUDE!!!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? This year it is lime green and red... traditional and a little funky. I bought some awesome ornaments from Costco.... they are so much fun.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We usually have turkey, ham and all the fixins. We meet at Grandma and Grandpa Sorensons for lunch. It is great to get the whole family together. Even better cuz there is lots and lots of super yummy food.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I already have my Christmas. Our couch and table is good for us. It is such a wonderful gift to ourselves! It makes our home feel so much more like a home... exactly what I wanted for Christmas. The other thing I want and will get as well is to be with my family. I love being able to spend time with family... there is no better feeling in the whole entire world!
26. What do you like most about Christmas? EVERYTHING! The smells, decorations, food, treats, family, friends, music... the list goes on and on. I am very excited for our first Christmas together... This will be the 6th Christmas since we have started dating, and they keep getting better and better.
27. What are your traditions for Christmas? O goodness, where do I begin. With my mom's side of the family we do a lot... They usually do a family home evening with the entire family, and pick a family in the town that needs a little help during the holiday season. We also have a Sorenson Family Christmas Party, and it's a blast. We eat, of course, Santa stops by, we do white elephant gifts, and play some games. IT ROCKS! We also have a Christmas Eve party. Another tradition I'm going to miss this year is wrapping presents with my mom. We would get lost for hours wrapping presents. It has always been something I look forward to. There are many more, I just don't want this to be too long :o)
28. Favorite memory of Christmas? I think being a young girl and knowing that Santa had visited. All the kids would go into my parents room and get them up. Then dad would go into the living room and turn all the lights on and get everything ready. He would always come in the room and say "Sorry, Santa must have forgot you this year" Then we would say a family prayer and line up youngest to oldest and head out to the living room.... the anticipation would kill me!
29. What is your favorite Christmas activity? Napping.... aahhhhh the holidays!!
30. Name the people you want to TAG to join in the Christmas Memory Lane?! Mistie, Shauna, Marie, Chelo, Amanda, Trisha, Tatum, Penny, Clarissa, and anyone else that wants to join in. Do it, its lots of fun!
Posted by Zack and Victoria at 4:34 PM
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Christmas came a little early at the May residence this year! And we are so excited to have it here. We finally got the couch we wanted, and it is just perfect. We also had our friend Jordan make us this beautiful table for out entryway. All of it is exactly what we have been looking and waiting for- and we finally have the home we have been dreaming of :o)
This is the table.... we love it!
This is our new couch, newly painted walls, and out Christmas decorations. We love being in this room now!
Another pic of the couch- It fits perfectly, and its pretty dang comfy!
This is just a cute pic of my hubby. Relaxing at my parents house.
Posted by Zack and Victoria at 6:39 AM
Monday, December 1, 2008
Thanksgiving weekend was so awesome for us. We were lucky enough to get to go home :o) We were there all weekend, and had a blast the entire time!! We had an amazing Thanksgiving dinner (we both got so full that it was almost impossible to move afterwards...) Friday morning my mom and I got up at 3 to be in Richfield for the big sales. We had so much fun, and always do! Friday night we went to Ephriam with both our parents and went to the best Chinese restaurant ever, and saw 4 Christmas'. Saturday My dad brother and Zack went coyote hunting. Then we put up Christmas at my parents house and played Spankie.... and not spankie in a dirty way. It is an awesome card game!! We had lots of fun. Well, that pretty much sums up out weekend. It was so much fun going home, and it will be great going home again for Christmas. We just love our families so much, and LOVE spending time with them.
Zack and I with my parents at our Thanksgiving dinner... Yes it's at the church. We have so many family members that come that we had to go to the church, it is AWESOME!!
My cousins Melissa, Shauna, Amanda and me. We were "hiding" in the basement of the chuch trying to get out of cleanin up.... Mostly just hanging out. No one even noticed we were missing.
This is my silly mom and her silly twin cleaning up after dinner. They are so dang funny when they get together.... wait a second my whole family is hilarious when we all get together. LOVE THEM ALL
Posted by Zack and Victoria at 8:24 PM