Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Tag

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for sure!! That is one thing that my mom loves, and always goes all out, and I take after her. I love to wrap presents and make them look super snazzy and cute. I love the presentation part of the presents. They look so fun and festive under the tree.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I would prefer a real, but I am allergic to them.... so fake it is :o(
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving. Putting up all the decorations around the house is so much fun!
4. When do you take the tree down? Well, I think it's usually the weekend after Christmas... I can't really remember.
5. Do you like eggnog? Eeewwww YUCK!! NO WAY!!!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? O goodness, I don't know. I loved all my dolls... I got a doll every year, and I loved them all. In fact I remember the first year I didn't get one, it was kinda shocking!! (I don't know why, I think I had graduated from high school)
7. Hardest person to buy for? Definitely my parents!! I always want it to be so good and special... they are hard to buy for.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Probably Zack, and any of my sister in laws. Girls are always pretty easy to buy for :o)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I would love to have the Willow Tree nativity. However I must say that the Nativity at my parents was ALWAYS my thing to put up. Under the Nativity was Angel Hair, and no one else wanted to touch it. So I always did, it was my "thing"
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither... we are lame
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't remember a bad gift, "Santa" always did such an amazing job!! I did have a really bad Christmas one year though. It was the year that my brother Landon left on his mission. He left right before Thanksgiving, and so Christmas was especially hard. I was the only one home, and it just wasn't right!!! In fact my parents had to come wake me up.... that never happened, I was always the very first up. Needless to say it was a very Blue Christmas for me, and my parents.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf, definitely!!!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I can, however I have been a slacker this year!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nopers
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? PULLAPARTS!!!!! MMMMmmmmm they are so dang yummy. They are our traditional Christmas breakfast. We usually don't have them any other time of the year, so it is a very special occasion. They are the yummiest gooiest things EVER! For those of you who have had them before you know what I mean!!
16. Lights on the tree? Of course... and usually clear. All growing up we had a flocked tree with really pretty colored lights, but now its just clear for us!
17. Favorite Christmas song? ALL OF THEM!!!! I don't think there is one that I dislike. In fact from the day after Thanksgiving it's all I have listened to :O)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We travel, but I'm sure there will come a day when we will stay, but until that day its home sweet home in Utah for me!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen & Rudolph of course!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither this year- We have some really cute bead/garland that I bunched up and stuck on top... it sounds weird I know but it actually looks really cute!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Usually one on Christmas Eve (PJs) and the rest bright and early on Christmas morning.... I love that feeling of waking up having fun surprises. And I love the surprise part of it!! I hate knowing ANYTHING I am going to get.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the people, they seem to forget that we are celebrating our Savior's birth... Most people seem to be in such a rush, and so RUDE!!!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? This year it is lime green and red... traditional and a little funky. I bought some awesome ornaments from Costco.... they are so much fun.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We usually have turkey, ham and all the fixins. We meet at Grandma and Grandpa Sorensons for lunch. It is great to get the whole family together. Even better cuz there is lots and lots of super yummy food.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I already have my Christmas. Our couch and table is good for us. It is such a wonderful gift to ourselves! It makes our home feel so much more like a home... exactly what I wanted for Christmas. The other thing I want and will get as well is to be with my family. I love being able to spend time with family... there is no better feeling in the whole entire world!
26. What do you like most about Christmas? EVERYTHING! The smells, decorations, food, treats, family, friends, music... the list goes on and on. I am very excited for our first Christmas together... This will be the 6th Christmas since we have started dating, and they keep getting better and better.
27. What are your traditions for Christmas? O goodness, where do I begin. With my mom's side of the family we do a lot... They usually do a family home evening with the entire family, and pick a family in the town that needs a little help during the holiday season. We also have a Sorenson Family Christmas Party, and it's a blast. We eat, of course, Santa stops by, we do white elephant gifts, and play some games. IT ROCKS! We also have a Christmas Eve party. Another tradition I'm going to miss this year is wrapping presents with my mom. We would get lost for hours wrapping presents. It has always been something I look forward to. There are many more, I just don't want this to be too long :o)
28. Favorite memory of Christmas? I think being a young girl and knowing that Santa had visited. All the kids would go into my parents room and get them up. Then dad would go into the living room and turn all the lights on and get everything ready. He would always come in the room and say "Sorry, Santa must have forgot you this year" Then we would say a family prayer and line up youngest to oldest and head out to the living room.... the anticipation would kill me!
29. What is your favorite Christmas activity? Napping.... aahhhhh the holidays!!
30. Name the people you want to TAG to join in the Christmas Memory Lane?! Mistie, Shauna, Marie, Chelo, Amanda, Trisha, Tatum, Penny, Clarissa, and anyone else that wants to join in. Do it, its lots of fun!

1 comments:

mistie said...

Hey Tori, just wondering . . . do you like Christmas?? :O) I love your complete and total devotion to ALL THINGS CHRISTMAS!!!

The Countdown is ON