Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Red all the way!!!!

Even though one of the most historic elections just took place, I am not talking about "red" as a political view. I am talking about my new kitchen. And as I looked around at my newly painted kitchen I said to myself "O TORI WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?!?!?!?" We have spent since last Friday painting. We did our kitchen cabinets over the weekend, and I thought I might as well finish the project and paint the kitchen while it is all tore apart. And we had decided a while ago that we were going to paint it RED. Well, its a tiny little kitchen with horrible lighting, and the red makes it look (even though it is hard to imagine) smaller and darker! WHAT DID I DO? So I am calling it a night and hoping that one more coat tomorrow night will do the trick and I will magically be in love with my new mistake. Yikes is all I have to say. If I don't cry too many tears over this I may post pics on the blog.

3 comments:

Will n Chelsea said...

Hey Tori,
One thing that Will n I decided to do since our kitchen is pretty small it to only do one wall red and the others are tan and it makes our kitchen seem so much bigger and the accent wall looks really cute too. Also, I'm sure you already know this but I found out while painting our kitchen red that you are suppose to use a gray primer and it helps the red top coat not have lines and different sheens. Anyways good luck and I'm sure it will look great!!!

Ryan and Mistie said...

Hey Tori -

When Ry and I bought our house in CO. we painted our kitchen cabinets red. We loved them - and everyone who came in loved them.

I want to see pics!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

I want to see PICS!! :)

The Countdown is ON