Wednesday, September 10, 2008

To Paint or Not to Paint

So here is my dilemma- We just got through painting as you can see… However I think I want to paint a different color already!! Not the whole thing just maybe an accent wall, or two!! Zack is so not excited! In fact I am pretty sure that if I do decide to go through with this I will be on my own.

This is why I want to paint a new color already- The original plan was that we were going to do the walls very neutral because we were wanted a RED sectional. We didn’t want to have too much going on because a red sectional was going to be enough color for our fairly small living room. The other dominant color is black, which can be very heavy so we wanted to keep the walls neutral. Well, we cannot find a red sectional that will fit in our living room, and that is in our price range. We have looked high and low and we have found a few but there is always one thing wrong- the color, the price, the size….YIKES and the list goes on and on. So I decided that maybe we should get a sectional that is a neutral color and add the red in as an accent color. I don’t want a beige couch with beige walls- HOW BORING!!! So I thought I would add some color on the walls. I was thinking a really bold and fun color- but Zack isn’t having it. We are going to pain the kitchen red so I don’t want the living room to be red as well. I was thinking a dark grey/blue color but Zack said “No, please” So this is my dilemma….. Decorating with a man is hard to do.

2 comments:

Ryan and Mistie said...

I feel your pain, sista!

Julie Burns said...

Oh Tori, only a woman can understand how women think :D I think you should paint it, just becuase I could totally see myself in the same situation. I can understand Zacks feelings, so I wouldnt blame him if he doesnt want to help :D. But I would definatley go for it.

The Countdown is ON