Monday, August 4, 2008

the search is OVER

So I need to give a little update.... I GOT A JOB TODAY. I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am for this. Yesterday Zack and I fasted specifically for 2 things- for his mom to get better as she is in her 2nd week of radiation and is in Salt Lake during the weeks. She has radiation treatments EVERY DAY. And if that isn't hard enough she is also in rehab from her brain surgery (that has nothing to do with her cancer) and is still trying to relearn her motor skills. She is such a strong person and has the best outlook on her situation. I have never seen anyone smile and joke around when daily tasks such as writing, walking, talking and seeing (she has double vision from her surgery) as her. She is just simply AMAZING. We were also fasting that I would find a job soon. Well, I'm sure as you all know God did an amazing job and presented me with an amazing opportunity. I was hired today at a Law firm. It is only part time for now- 30 hours a week- but if I do well can become full time. It is just 10 min away from our home which in itself is a blessing. That way I don't have to drive an hour to work everyday like Zack saving us so much on gas $$. And another thing is that it is just Monday-Friday. I wanted to find a job where I could have weekends to spend with my wonderful Hubby!!!! I am just so grateful for everything that has happened and for the spirit I have felt today. I have just wanted to cry ever since I got back home. And I am very grateful for my mom's boss... she is a lot of the reason I got my job!! Anyhow I just wanted to let you all know that the search is over.

7 comments:

C said...

What great news! I'm glad that you found a job...especially so close to your home!
Good luck with the new job girl!

Julie Burns said...

YAY! I am so glad that everything worked out, I know what a pain job hunting can be... :D

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Congrats!! That is SO exciting! When do you start? What is your job title? I'm SO happy for YOU!! Keep us updated on Zacks mom......we'll keep her in our prayers!

Melanie Hawkins Mangum said...

YAHOO!!! Hope all goes well. Also we sure hope Cindy gets better, she is such a beautiful person. Take care. Loves
p.s. we need to get together sometime. I'll let you know when we come down.

Sammy and Landon said...

I'm so happy that you found a job. Have you started? I really was hoping you were going to get a job as a show girl but this works too

Tatum said...

Does Tana still sell sweetpea jewelry?

Cindy said...

Hey! This is Cindy (Anderson) I am glad this are going so well for you 2.

The Countdown is ON