Monday, August 10, 2009

O HOW I LOVE THEE....

I have always enjoyed a good snow cone, or shave ice. But this last weekend I was able to have THE BEST SHAVE ICE EVER. I had been craving a shave ice for the last week or so. I asked everyone I knew if they knew of a good place to get a shave ice. Well, I remembered that while driving down Eastern I had seen a little shop that had shave ice. So we invited our friends Drew and Loke to come with us. Loke is from Hawaii and grew up having shave ice. And it was a good thing she came because she told me the best way to get my shave ice. At first, I will admit, I was a little sceptic. I was just used to some good ice with the wonderful flavored syrup. But I was turned on to a whole new treat... you ready for this? Shave ice (with tigers blood syrup- its my fave), vanilla ice cream in the middle with sweetened condensed milk drizzled on top. Who would have thought?? But let me just tell you... it was AMAZING! And it was GINORMOUS!!!!! It took both Zack and I to finish the treat off. Don't worry we didn't let any waste :O) I wish I had my camera so you could see how wonderfully delicious this sweet cold treat was. Don't worry, I will be going again. And I will take pics I promise!



This is just a pic I found that was similar to what I had... but the one I had was at least twice as big :O)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow that is a big snow cone! I bet it was yummy!

*elle said...

i so love this tribute to shaved ice post. it was soooo yummy! we will be hitting that up again soon!

The Countdown is ON