Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birthday and Babies

So Friday was the big 24 for me. Yikes, how time flies!!! And it was such an awesome day! I had to work of course and it was such a long day... But it was all worth it when I walked through the door. My wonderful hubby had cleaned the whole house, vacuumed the stairs and all! He is so sweet and thoughtful. This is the first birthday that we have actually been together since our senior year of high school. All the other years we have lived apart. When I got home he said I had to find my present. He knows me too well. I love that kind of stuff, the anticipation and excitement just kills me. He only gave me one hint, and the hint was that it was down stairs. And for those of you that have been to our home know there isn't much to downstairs. So I looked, and looked and looked and looked and looked! I couldn't find it. Zack gave me one more hint, that it was in the kitchen (the smallest room in the house) and I still couldn't find it. No worries, eventually I found it. He is so clever. He hid it on top of the cupboards behind some decorations... and it was an ipod. He is so good to me, and I was so excited to be able to spend the day with him. After that we went to dinner and then to dessert... Nielson Custard. It was awesome. I'm pretty sure I gained at least 5 pounds just from the custard. But it was totally worth it. After that we were going to go to a movie. We thought it started at 8:30 and when we arrived we realized it really started at 8:05. So we decided to bag the movie. We went and bought our own, came back to the house, started watching it and ended up falling asleep... a perfect day! Thanks to everyone who made my day so special! O and I have to just say that with a little bit of birthday $$ I got from my parents (thanks Mom and Dad) I bought some cake decorating tools and what not. I'm going to take a dabble at doing a little cake decorating. I have always wanted to, so I decided I would take a stab at it.. here I go!!!

As for the babies part of the title of this blog, I just need to congratulate a few people... A few weeks ago a good friend of mine, Miranda, had her baby girl Krymzen! She is such a doll and I am so excited for her. Also, I am going to be an aunt again!! Landon and Sammy are expecting in September. And I can't even begin to tell you all how happy and excited I am for them. I know they will be the most amazing parents EVER! And that baby is going to be a doll :o) And one last bit of baby news (no I am not announcing anything) Stacey, a girl I work with, just told me she is prego as well. All this baby news and talk makes me wonder if its time for me, and then reality checks in and says... NOPERS!!! When the time is right we will know. And that time is not now, we don't think at least :o)

5 comments:

C said...

You sure got yourself a GOOD man! Happy Birthday!! I don't know Tori...once all your peeps around you start having babies-it rubs off on ya LoL! J/K I am totally with you-I'm so NOT ready for babies!! My friends are either prego or thinking about it, guess I'm glad it's them and not me (right now) : )

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like the PERFECT birthday way to go Zack:) I'm so happy for Landon and Sammy!! I'll be WAITING for your announcement LOL :)

Penny and Aaron Owens said...

Happy birthday Tor! It sounds like you had a WONDERFUL birthday! I'm totally with you on that cake thing. They offer classes out here that I've been looking into. We need to live closer together so we can start a business...oh how fun that would be:)

Rhett, Shauna, Alex & Kiara said...

Tori...I am glad you had a good birthday :) Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Clarissa and John said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday! It sounds like you have a very sweet husband. =) After you get really good at cake decorating you need to enter one of The Food Network Challenges and win $10,000 bucks! =)

The Countdown is ON